Vendor Manager - (Corporate Office, LAX or Chicago)
BTX Global Logistics is seeking a proven operations leader with a track record of success within the global freight forwarding industry. The Vendor Manager is responsible for supporting the BTX Operations group, national customer service, operations, compliance, SOPs and KPIs. This position reports to the Director of Domestic Operations and will facilitate all vendor management. Ultimately, this position will be responsible for the quality of service and profitability of the corporate global vendor management in accordance to the company’s overall strategic goals.
The ideal candidate will manage demands and possess the leadership and communication skills required to effectively interact directly with clients. The Vendor Manager will be a key member of the BTX team and is a key role across all organizational levels for BTX corporate business.
- Ability to streamline processes to heightened efficiencies and manage vendor relationships through agreements made that are mutually beneficial for both parties.
- Comprehend and influence business goals to clearly define performance parameters.
- Ensure vendor selection aligns with company performance indicators.
- Manage suppliers on a daily basis, monitor strengths and weaknesses, and choose the right one to optimize operational excellence.
- Meet goals on a consistent basis by influencing vendors to meet performance objectives that ensure profitability.
- Courteous phone and e-mail etiquette in order to facilitate client service requests in a thorough and expeditious manner.
- Strategically negotiate vendor rates.
- Address reoccurring operational issues associated with vendors while maintaining long term relationships.
- Run OS&D and service failure reports.
- Problem solve issues with the accounting team to minimize vendor billing issues.
- Tracking Updates - Input milestones & tracking updates and provide client updates as shipments progress throughout the duration of shipment transit.
- High level knowledge of national forwarding ground carriers, commercial airlines and cartage.
- Good relationships with shippers and working knowledge of shipper lanes.
- Knowledge of TSA regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel)
Summary of Experience and Education:
- High School degree or equivalent and 5-7 years previous logistics freight forward experience and/or including vendor management.
- Minimum 3 years hands-on vendor management experience within a Freight Forwarding Environment.
- National operations experience mandatory, including routing, documents, AWB and BOL preparation, and carrier knowledge.
- IATA DG certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with both local and domestic agents and clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior active listening skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Analytical problem-solving capabilities
- A proven diverse background in all aspects of freight forwarding and operations within a dynamic growth environment
BTX Global Logistics is a global transportation and logistics organization with over 30 regional branches in the U.S. and Canada. The Vendor Manager role will be expected to aid in the transformational change expected of this organization due to its continual and rapid growth.
Type: Full-time, Exempt
Industry: Freight Forwarding
Compensation: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location (One of the following): Corporate Office (Shelton, CT), LAX, or Chicago
BTX is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. BTX does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.