Ocean Export Operations Representative - Los Angeles/Long Beach Terminal Areas
BTX Global Logistics is seeking a proven operations leader with a track record of success within the global freight forwarding industry. The Ocean Export Operations Representative is responsible for supporting the BTX Corporate business unit with operations, customer service, compliance, SOPs and KPIs. This position reports to the VP of International and will handle LCL/FCL shipments across the USA. Ultimately, this position will be responsible for the quality of service and profitability of the Corporate Global Operations teams in accordance to the company’s overall strategic goals.
The ideal applicant is a driven and dynamic individual who can manage the demands of LCL/FCL shipment processing across multiple time zones and also possesses the leadership and communication skills required to effectively interact directly with clients. The Ocean Export Operations Representative will be a key member of the BTX team and will interact across all organizational levels for BTX Corporate business as well as have dialogue with BTX’s global-oriented franchise operations.
- Courteous phone and e-mail etiquette in order to facilitate client service requests in a thorough and expeditious manner
- FCL/LCL Shipment Coordination: Set-up of shipments and/or amendments to existing shipments based upon client directives
- Quote Requests: Obtain competitive and unique price solutions able to satisfy clients requests relative to shipment particulars provided.
- Tracking Updates: Input milestones/tracking updates, provide client updates as shipment(s) progress that is obtained throughout the duration of transit
- General Inquires and Follow-up: Fulfillment of any specialized requests provided by client within an expected timeframe
- Maintain good relationships with shippers and working knowledge of shipper lanes
- Knowledge of IMO DG regulations
- Compliance functions for the specified location(s) in conjunction with Corporate Compliance Department to ensure TSA and FMC compliance
Summary of Desired Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of operational experience within the Ocean Export freight forwarding or logistics transportation sector
- Undergraduate degree in business or a related discipline is highly preferred, however, relevant work experience will also be considered
- Strong computer skills and analysis capabilities
- Carrier contract knowledge and understanding
- Dangerous Goods Experience (IMO DG) would be an added benefit
- Ability to quote both retail customers and global agents and understand the variables involved
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with both local and Ocean Export agents and clients
- Ability to present ideas in business- and user-friendly language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior active listening skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Analytical problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to train, develop, manage and deliver results
- A proven diverse background in all aspects of Ocean Export freight forwarding and operations within a dynamic growth environment
BTX Global Logistics is a global transportation and logistics organization with over 30 regional branches in the U.S. and Canada. The Ocean Export Operations Representative will be expected to aid in the transformational change expected of this organization due to its continual and rapid growth.
Type: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Industries: Logistics and Supply Chain
Compensation: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Locations: Los Angeles/Long Beach Terminal Areas
BTX is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. BTX does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.