National Operations Agent - (Corporate Office, Shelton, CT)
BTX Global Logistics is seeking a proven operations leader with a track record of success within the global freight forwarding industry. The National Operations Agent is responsible for supporting the BTX National Customer Service group, business unit operations, compliance, SOPs and KPIs. This position reports to the National Operations Manager and will facilitate all national operations opportunities. Ultimately, this position will be responsible for the quality of service and profitability of the corporate global operations teams in accordance to the company’s overall strategic goals.
The ideal candidate will manage demands and possess the leadership and communication skills required to effectively interact directly with clients. The National Operations Agent will be a key member of the BTX team and will interact across all organizational levels for BTX corporate business.
- Courteous phone and e-mail etiquette in order to facilitate client service requests in a thorough and expeditious manner.
- Shipment coordination (setup of shipments and/or make amendments to existing shipments based upon client directives including domestic services, LTL and FTL.
- Quote Requests – Obtain competitive and unique pricing solutions that are able to satisfy clients' requests relative to shipment particulars provided.
- Track Updates – Document milestone/critical changes, provide client updates as shipments progress throughout the duration of shipment transit.
- General Inquiries and timely follow-up, fulfillment of any specialized requests provided by client within expected time-frame communicated.
- High level knowledge of national forwarding ground carriers, commercial airlines and cartage.
- Good relationships with shippers and working knowledge of shipper lanes.
- Knowledge of TSA regulations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
Summary of Experience and Education:
- High School degree or equivalent and 5-7 years previous Operations experience, Customer Service or Call Center experience a plus.
- Minimum 3 years hands-on operational experience within a Corporate Environment.
- National Operations experience mandatory, including routing, documents, AWB and BOL preparation, and carrier knowledge.
- IATA DG certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with both local and domestic agents and clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior active listening skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Analytical problem-solving capabilities
- Proven diverse background in all aspects of operations experience within a dynamic growth environment
BTX Global Logistics is a global transportation and logistics organization with over 30 regional branches in the U.S. and Canada. The National Operations Agent will be expected to aid in the transformational change expected of this organization due to its continual and rapid growth.
Type: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Industry: Freight Forwarding
Compensation: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: Corporate Office (Shelton, CT)
BTX is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. BTX does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.