International Operations Representative - Corporate (JFK, LAX or Shelton, CT Areas)
BTX Global Logistics is seeking a proven operations leader with a track record of success within the global freight forwarding industry. The International Operations Representative is responsible for supporting the BTX Corporate business unit operations, customer service, compliance, SOPs and KPIs. This position reports to the Director of International Operations and will be responsible for handling of both Air and Ocean Imports. Ultimately, this position will be responsible for the quality of service and profitability of the corporate global operations teams in accordance to the company’s overall strategic goals.
BTX is seeking a driven and dynamic individual who can manage the demands of global imports but also possesses the leadership and communication skills required to effectively interact directly with clients; The International Operations Representative will be a key member of the BTX team and will interact across all organizational levels for BTX corporate business as well as have dialogue with BTX’s global-oriented franchise operations.
Summary of Experience and Education:
- Courteous etiquette via phone or e-mail interaction in order to facilitate client service requests in a thorough and expeditious manner
- Air/Ocean Import Shipment coordination: Set-up of shipments and/or amendments to existing shipments based upon client directives
- Quote requests: Obtain competitive and unique price solutions able to satisfy clients requests relative to shipment particulars provided.
- Tracking updates: Input milestones/tracking updates, provide client updates as shipment(s) progress is obtained through out duration of shipment transit
- General inquires and follow up: Fulfillment of any specialized requests provided by client within expected time-frame communicated
- Maintain good relationships with importers and working knowledge of shipper lanes
- Compliance functions for department in conjunction with corporate compliance department specific to TSA and FMC compliance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum of 5 years of operational experience within the Air/Ocean Import freight forwarding or logistics transportation sector
- Undergraduate degree in business or a related discipline is highly preferred, however, relevant work experience will also be considered
- Strong computer skills and analysis capabilities
- Import process flow knowledge required for Air/Ocean Import
- Ability to quote both retail customers and global agents and understand the variables involved
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with both internal customs brokerage team as well as customer nominated brokers
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior active listening skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Analytical problem-solving capabilities
- A proven diverse background in all aspects of Air/Ocean Import freight forwarding and operations within a dynamic growth environment
BTX Global Logistics is a global transportation and logistics organization with over 35 regional branches in the U.S. and Canada. The International Operations Representative will be expected to aid in the transformational change expected of this organization due to its continual and rapid growth.
Type: Full-time, Exempt
Industries: Freight Forwarding
Compensation: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: JFK Airport Area, LAX Airport area or Corp Office (Shelton, CT)
BTX is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. BTX does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.