Domestic Operations Representative - (DTW)
BTX Global Logistics is seeking a proven operations leader with a track record of success within the global freight forwarding industry. The Domestic Operations Representative is responsible for supporting the BTX Corporate business unit operations, customer service, compliance, SOPs and KPIs. This position reports to the Station Manager and will facilitate all global pricing opportunities. Ultimately, this position will be responsible for the quality of service and profitability of the corporate global operations teams in accordance to the company’s overall strategic goals.
The ideal candidate will manage the demands and possesses the leadership and communication skills required to effectively interact directly with clients (as needed); mentor, train and develop members of the organization. The Station Manager will be a key member of the BTX team and will interact across all organizational levels for BTX corporate business.
- Courteous etiquette via phone and e-mail interactions in order to facilitate client service requests in a thorough and expeditious manner.
- Shipment coordination (setup of shipments and/or amendments to existing shipments based upon client directives including domestic services, LTL and FTL.
- Quote Requests: Obtain competitive and unique price solutions able to satisfy clients' requests relative to shipment particulars provided.
- Tracking Updates: Input milestone/tracking updates, provide client updates as shipments progress throughout the duration of shipment transit.
- General Inquires and follow-up: Fulfillment of any specialized requests provided by client within expected time-frame communicated.
- Strong knowledge of domestic forwarding ground carriers, commercial airlines and cartage.
- Ability to sustain working relationships with shippers and general knowledge of shipper lanes.
Summary of Experience and Education:
- High School Degree or equivalent required
- Minimum 3 years hands-on operational experience within a Freight Forwarding Environment
- IATA DG certification preferred
- Domestic experience mandatory, including routing, documents, AWB and BOL preparation, and carrier knowledge
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with both local and domestic agents and clients
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior active listening skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Analytical problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to train, develop, manage and deliver results
- A proven diverse background in all aspects of Domestic freight forwarding and operations within a dynamic growth environment
- Working knowledge of TSA regulations
- Computer skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
BTX Global Logistics is a global transportation and logistics organization with over 30 regional branches in the U.S. and Canada. The Domestic Operations Specialist will be expected to aid in the transformational change expected of this organization due to its continual and rapid growth.
Type: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Industry: Freight Forwarding
Compensation: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: Detroit (DTW) Airport Area
BTX is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. BTX does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.