Domestic Operations Specialist - New Jersey Area
BTX Global Logistics is seeking a talented and dynamic Domestic Freight Operations Specialist with a proven track record in freight forwarding and a winning manner with clients and colleagues alike. The Domestic Operations Specialist position will be based out of the New Jersey area.
At BTX Global Logistics, our operations specialists are the key points of contact between our company and our customers. We value individuals who are self-starters, detail-oriented, confident and motivated. We are looking for an individual with a high ceiling and management goal / or experience. If you value autonomy in the field and room for advancement, please apply today.
- Quoting and booking shipments
- Processing documentation as required for domestic shipments
- Coordinating tracking and tracing of shipments
- Anticipating the needs of customers in order to develop strong relationships
- Communicating with sales and other key constituents in the shipping pipeline to preempt customer concerns in order to improve business performance
- Organizing shipment and delivery of shipments in a timely, professional and cost-effective manner
Summary of Experience and Education:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 3 years hands-on operational experience within a Freight Forwarding Environment
- IATA DG certification preferred
- Domestic experience mandatory, including routing, documents, AWB preparation, and carrier knowledge
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Superior Active Listening skills
- High Energy and Results Driven
- Strong Organizational and Time Management Skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills, with the Ability to Work Well with both local and international agents and clients
- Proficiency with the MS Suite, Internet navigation, CRM applications and Email
Industries: Logistics and Supply Chain
Compensation: Competitive, Commensurate with Experience, Full Benefits
BTX is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. BTX does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.