BTX Global Logistics is seeking a talented and professional individual with a track record of success within the global freight forwarding industry. The Domestic Customer Service Representative is responsible for supporting our customer base. This position reports directly to the Domestic Operations Manager (JFK).
Duties to include but not limited to:
• Field telephone calls and emails and provide timely responses, including quotations, to support the proposal and order acquisition process. Calls/emails would come from end users, channel partners, field sales personnel, carrier and agents
• Enter quotations in business system application
• Coordinate customer communications via email from website inquiries
• Enter customer shipments in our shipping system including customer purchase orders and other reference numbers
• Route customer shipments taking into account price and shipping schedule
• Track and trace shipments to ensure timely delivery of shipments
• Help problem solve any shipment delays and communicate the delay to customers
• Verify carrier and agent charges to ensure timely billing
Summary of Desired Qualifications:
• Skilled, courteous, clear and effective communication etiquette in order to satisfy customer needs
• Must possess a superior customer service focus
• 5+ years of previous experience in customer service
• Domestic freight forwarding industry knowledge preferred
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
• Must be able to work independently with initiative in a fast-paced environment
• Attention to detail, self-motivated and detail oriented
• Ability to clearly and effectively communicate at all levels, both orally and in written form
• Customer service centric with a positive, outgoing personality
• Technology skills including but not limited to – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Salesforce, and other ERP systems experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with both carriers, agents, clients and sales representatives
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Superior active listening skills
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• A proven diverse background in customer service and domestic freight forwarding within a dynamic growth environment
BTX Global Logistics is a global transportation and logistics organization with over 30 regional branches in the U.S. and Canada. The Domestic Customer Service Representative will be expected to consistently deliver a superior client experience that is second to none.
Industries: Logistics and Supply Chain
Compensation: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: New York (JFK) Airport Area
BTX is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. BTX does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.