BTX Global Logistics is seeking a proven operations leader with a track record of success within the global freight forwarding industry. The Business Development Representative is responsible for supporting the BTX Corporate business unit operations, customer service, compliance, SOPs and KPIs. This position reports to the BTX Inside Sales Manager. The ideal candidate will also work collaboratively with BTX branch personnel and management to provide support to Account Executives and respond to customer and prospect inquiries.
• Sourcing new sales opportunities through in/out bound cold calls and emails
• Researching accounts, identifying key players and generating interest
• Understanding customer needs and requirements
• Communicating BTX’s service offerings
• Routing qualified opportunities to the appropriate Account Executives for further development and closure
• Liaise with Account Executives to develop specific sales strategies
• Schedules appointments for Account Executives
• Maintaining and expanding the BTX database of prospects
• Build relationships with key decision makers.
• Keeps management informed of all activity, including timely preparation of reports.
• Maintain and grow BTX Prospect database
Summary of Desired Qualifications:
• Minimum of an Bachelors Degree and/or 5 years of relevant experience
• Work independently and within a team
• Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Salesforce or other CRM experience, Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite a plus
• Experience with business-to-business commerce and Internet communication software
• Two years in customer service, public speaking or training role in a technology company
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Ability to effectively communicate, including written and oral, and develop effective working relationships across multiple levels of the organization
• Mature, professional attitude, accustomed to client service environments
• Open to change and willing to learn new skills
• Be accountable and forward thinking in your actions
• Ability to prioritize workload and to follow-up on open items
• Possess strong decision-making, organizational, planning, time management and multi-tasking skills
• Consider the ideas and concerns of others and work collaboratively to accomplish assigned tasks
• Detail oriented with strong analytical, research and problem solving skills and an inquisitive structured approach to problem resolution, reliable and highly motivated.
• Be able to handle miscellaneous projects as business needs require
BTX Global Logistics is a global transportation and logistics organization with over 30 regional branches in the U.S. and Canada. The Business Development Representative will be expected to aid in the transformational change expected of this organization due to its continual and rapid growth.
What does BTX offer you?
Type: Full-time, Exempt
Industries: Logistics and Supply Chain
Compensation: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Location: Shelton, CT
BTX Global Logistics is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. BTX Global Logistics does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.