Domestic Operations Manager, New York JFK area
BTX Global Logistics is seeking a talented and dynamic Domestic Operations Manager for our New York JFK station with a proven track record in freight forwarding and a winning manner with clients and colleagues alike. The Operations Manager position will be based in the New York JFK Area. To be considered for this position, the candidate MUST have a minimum for five (5) years, hands-on domestic freight forwarding experience.
At BTX Global Logistics, our Operations Managers are key players on our Operations Team. Our true MVPs are self-starters, detail-oriented, confident and motivated to help their team succeed. They oversee the operations staff, who are the key points of contact between our company and our customers. If you value the opportunity for growth and autonomy in the field, apply today.
- Oversee and provide pricing information and rate quotes to customers, and sales
- Knowledge of domestic freight rates & routing (airlines & trucks) a must
- Ensure that all operations staff are properly processing quotes, shipments, and tracking and tracing within company guidelines
- Ensure station conformance standards are being met
- Working closely with the Station Manager on duties that are assigned
- Provide Excellent relationships between internal station employees and supervisors
- Ensure that the station is in compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Develop growth opportunities with sales team members
- Negotiate pricing with local carriers and vendors
- Other duties as assigned
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity in the logistics industry with a dynamic, established company. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits.
Summary of Experience and Education
- Minimum 5 years hands-on operational experience within a Freight Forwarding Environment
- IATA DG certification preferred
- Domestic experience mandatory, including routing, documents, AWB preparation, and carrier knowledge.
- International experience would be helpful, but not a necessity
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Superior Active Listening skills
- High Energy and Results Driven
- Strong Organizational and Time Management Skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills, with the Ability to Work Well with both local and international agents and clients
- Proficiency with the MS Suite, Internet navigation, CRM applications and Email
Industries: Logistics and Supply Chain
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience