International Operations Specialist, Bay Area
BTX Global Logistics is seeking a talented and dynamic Air/Ocean Freight Operations Specialist with a proven track record in freight forwarding and a winning manner with clients and colleagues alike. This International Operations Specialist will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area.
At BTX Global Logistics, our operations specialists are the key points of contact between our company and our customers. We value individuals who are self-starters, detail-oriented, confident and motivated. If you value the opportunity for growth and autonomy in the field, apply today.
- Quoting and booking shipments
- Processing import and export documentation as required for international shipments and transactions
- Coordinating tracking and documentation packages
- Anticipating the needs of customers in order to develop strong relationships
- Communicating with sales and other key constituents in the shipping pipeline to preempt customer concerns in order to improve business performance
- Organizing shipment and delivery of goods worldwide in a timely, professional and cost-effective manner
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity in the logistics industry with a dynamic, established company. We offer a competitive salary and full benefits.
Summary of Experience and Education
- Minimum 3 years hands-on operational experience within a Freight Forwarding Environment
- IATA DG certification preferred
- Both Ocean and Air export/import experience mandatory, including routing, documents, AWB preparation, and carrier knowledge
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Superior Active Listening skills
- High Energy and Results Driven
- Strong Organizational and Time Management Skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills, with the Ability to Work Well with both local and international agents and clients
- Proficiency with the MS Suite, Internet navigation, CRM applications and Email
Industries: Logistics and Supply Chain
Compensation: Comensurate with Experience